Brief History

In July 1996, San Benildo Integrated School Foundation Inc. was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The original incorporators include the following: Mr. Rodrigo Ko, Mr. Manuel Ko, Mr. Samson Ko, Mrs. Asuncion Ko, and Mr. Nicanor Hong and Br. Andrew Gonzalez, FSC, the first President of the corporation. The incorporators then became the first trustees of San Benildo Integrated School (SBIS). Thus, they thought of establishing a school that would become a center of excellence not only in teaching and learning, but also in training and developing its young students into morally upright citizens of the country. The board of trustees then tapped the Lasallian Schools Supervision Office (LASSO) to supervise the planning, construction and administration of SBIS.

The Grade School Campus situated along Marcos Highway, Cainta, Rizal, opened wide its doors to 313 boys and girls on June 2, 1997. To date,the Grade School Department is still growing with more than a thousand students.

The next two school years were marked by a rapid increase in enrollment as SBIS started to build its reputation for academic excellence in the nearby communities of Marikina, Cainta and Antipolo. Subsequently, a new home in the idyllic and laid-back Antipolo City later sheltered the swelling population of high school students of SBIS. With the opening of this new campus along Sumulong Highway in June 2001, the school became fully operational with 312 students from First to Third Year High School. Currently, the High School Department has hundreds of students who are soon-to-be graduates.

A significant milestone in the school’s history was the third LASSO Accreditation held in February of 2006. SBIS was able to achieve the remarkable feat of being granted Supervised Level 2 status; the highest distinction given to supervised schools.

In 2009, the Lasallian Schools Supervision Services Association, Inc. (LASSAI) recognized SBIS for having provided quality human and Christian education to the youth as it “graduated” from being a De La Salle Supervised School. This catalysed the plan of establishing a top-grade Higher Educational Institution set up in the mould of Benildean excellence and Lasallian mission of Christian education, to specifically serve and provide quality tertiary education to the youth of this generation. With the bighearted support and dedication of the Board of Trustees headed by its main incorporator, Mr. Rodrigo Ko, a college department was added to SBIS in 2010, consequently changing its name to the COLLEGE OF SAN BENILDO-RIZAL (CoSB-R).

With the newly constructed state-of-the-art College Campus completed in January 2013, CoSB-R continues to forge ahead in developing future professionals who will become leaders in the field of education, business and information technology. Today, COLLEGE OF SAN BENILDO-RIZAL remains steadfast in its commitment to form and transform students into lifelong learners who are imbued with the Gospel values of love and service to the community and to our country.

Life of Saint Brother Benilde

Saint Brother Benilde Romancon, FSC was the first La Salle Brother to become a saint. He was born in Thuret, France on June 14, 1805. He was christened as Pierre, meaning rock, and received the religious name of Brother Benildus (Benilde in French).His forty-two years as a Brother saw him as an excellent teacher and an equally good administrator. Though short, he stood tall in the sight of God as he lived an ordinary life in an extraordinary way. Over 300 of his student became Brothers or Priests. He died on August 13, 1862 and was canonized on October 29, 1967 by Pope Paul VI.